Learning Moment Technologies
Last changed: June 4, 2018
In order to use our Services, we need you to provide us with information that would enable us to identify you as a user and to provide the Services.
We totally respect your privacy and will never use your personal information for any marketing or advertising purposes. You trust us with your personal information and we will prove trustworthy – in faith and honor!
When we talk about “Learning Moment,” “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy, we are referring to Learning Moment Technologies, the company which provides the Services. When we talk about the “Services” in this policy, we are referring to our online learning and documentation tool; Dokker, Dokker ReadMe, Learning Moment home page, newsletter and other services we provide. Our Services are currently available for use via a web browser.
The organization or other third party that purchase a paid version of the Services is referred to as “the Customer”. A Customer can be an educational institution, employer, another organization, or an individual.
If you create a user account, by your own initiative or by an invitation from a Customer or user, you are a “user” as further described in the Terms of Service.
Information we collect and receive
- Account information. Users may provide information such as name, picture, email address, phone number, and password.
- User provided content. This is information you and other users actively provide to use the Services, which may include documents and all its content (e.g. title, tags, people you share with), files and pictures you upload, messages and comments.
- Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the groups, people, features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any).
- Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our third party payment processors may collect and store necessary billing information, such as address and contact information, on our behalf or we may do this ourselves.
- Log data. When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plugins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Geolocation information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Services integrations. If you integrate with a third party service, we will connect that service to ours. The third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with Learning Moment. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third party services.
- Third party data. Learning Moment may also receive information from affiliates in our corporate group, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information, such as which IP addresses go with which zip codes, or it might be more specific information, such as about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect information about use of the Services. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Services, what pages they visit, when they do so, and what other sites they used prior coming to the Service. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve our Services. Google Analytics collects only an anonymized IP address assigned to you on the date you visit the Service.
How we use your information
We may access and use your information as reasonably necessary to (a) provide, maintain and improve the Services; (b) to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at a Customer’s or user’s request in connection with customer support matters; (c) as required by law and (d) as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer or user.
We use information to provide the Services. Specifically:
- To understand and improve our Services. We may carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are using the Services and improve them.
- To communicate with you by:
- Responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending emails and chat messages. We may send you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them.
- Billing and account management. We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Communicating with you and marketing. We often need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons. We will not use your contact information for our own marketing or advertising purposes. You are welcome to subscribe to our newsletter any time.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep the Services secure, prevent unwanted technical issues and abuse.
Sharing and Disclosure
- Information about you with the Customer. There may be times when you contact us to help resolve an issue specific to a Customer of which you are a member. In order to help resolve the issue, we may share your concern with our Customer.
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals, such as third party payment processors, customer support services and others to process information on our behalf. We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software (e.g payment processing and customer support), emailing, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Learning Moment’s assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
- We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes like telling a prospective Learning Moment Customer the average number of new documents with a Customer in a day or partnering with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about personal learning and communication.
Customers and users may provide us with instructions on what to do with Customer or user data. Customers and users has many choices and control over the provided data. For example, Customers and users may provision or deprovision access to the Services, enable or disable third party integrations, manage permissions, transfer or assign groups. Since these choices and instructions may result in the access, use, disclosure, modification or deletion of certain or all Customer or user data, please contact us at email@example.com for more information about these choices and instructions.
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. Learning Moment does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device operating system.
You may opt-out from Google Analytics with the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Learning Moment takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
Learning Moment is the data controller for the company’s processing of personal data. This policy is providing you with information you are entitled access to (personopplysningsloven § 19) and general information about how we process personal data (personopplysningsloven § 18 1.ledd).
Data processors (Third Parties)
Learning Moment currently uses third party processors to provide infrastructure services, and to help us provide customer support and email notifications and newsletter. Prior to engaging any third party processor, Learning Moment performs diligence to evaluate their privacy, security and confidentiality practices, and executes an agreement implementing its applicable obligations.
Learning Moment may use the following processors to host Customer or user data or provide other infrastructure that helps with delivery of our Services:
|ItPays AS||Cloud Service Provider||Norway|
|PRO ISP AS||Cloud Service Provider||Norway|
|Google LLC||Cloud Service Provider||USA|
|Tripletex||Cloud-based accounting- and paymentsystem||Norway|
|Slack Technologies, Inc.||Cloud-based communication plattform||USA|
|Intercom||Cloud-based customer support service||USA|
|MailChimp||Cloud-based email marketing and newsletter service||USA|
|SendinBlue||Cloud-based email notification service||France|
Learning Moment Technologies AS